Arequipa’s stuffed colored peppers
For the stuffing
- - 3 small peppers (red, green, orange or yellow)
- - 100 gr. ground beef meat
- - 100 gr. ground pork meat
- - ½ red onion, finely chopped
- - 2 garlic cloves, minced
- - 2 tbsp. chopped peanuts
- - 3 chopped spanish black olives for the stuffing
- - 3 Spanish black olives for decoration
- - 2 hardboiled eggs white
- - 1 tbsp. golden blond raisins soaked in hot water
- - 2 tbsp. chopped Huacatay leaves,cumin, salt and ground pepper
- - Vegetable oil
- - 1 tbsp. Aji Panca/ sundried Peruvian red chili paste
For the potato and peppers grated cake
- - ½ cup mixture of sauteed peppers with olive oil, garlic and salt
- - 1 large white potato
- - 150 ml. Milk cream
- - ½ tsp. Anis beans
- - Fresh thyme
- - 3 slices of mozzarella cheese
- - Salt and ground pepper
For the stuffing
- - Cut the top part of the peppers (reserve them), remove seeds and veins. Give a short boil with water and sugar.
- - Saute garlic and onions with vegetable oil in medium heat, add the Aji Panca paste cooked in low heat for 5 min., then add the two kind of meats.
- - Season with salt, pepper, cumin, chopped Huacatay and the peanuts.
- - Finally add the olives, raisins and the hardboiled egg whites.
- - To balance the taste, you can add some broth and sugar. The filling can not be too spicy.
- - To serve, stuff the peppers carefully with the meat mixture.
Potato and pepper grated cake
- - Prepare an infusion with the cream, anise, salt, grounded pepper and the thyme branch, over medium heat. Reduce a bit, cool and strain.
- - Boil the potato and cut into thin slices.
- - Mix the potatoes with the cream infusion, then place the potato in a baking dish and between layers of potatoes put the saute peppers and the mozzarella slices.
- - Bake in a preheated oven, until cheese melts.
Place in a serving dish the grated potato cake next to the stuffed peppers.
Decorate with olives, eggs, Huacatay leaves and more of the meat stuff.